Learn to love the water at Raised on the Reef Swim Academy. Our Ducks water conditioning class builds your baby’s confidence to further develop motor skills.
What are Ducks?
- Aged 10-24 months
- Bonding with Mum or Dad in the water each lesson
- Small group class of 4 to 6 with no prior skills required
- Babies who may have a small amount of water and swimming experience to swimming babies who are quite comfortable and agile in the water
What happens in a Duck swimming lesson?
- Lots of fun songs to make learn to swim fun for you and your baby
- Building confidence water is what Duck swimming lessons are all about
- Learning to submerge and/or extend breath control skills through activities such as dolphins, humpty dumpty and jelly on the plate
- Developing mobility and buoyancy skills through kicking, paddling and floating
- Building on your baby’s strong buoyancy skills to independent floating with your help
- As your baby grows and begins to become more mobile, we teach kicking and paddling skills too!
Our aim for the Ducks swimming level is for your baby to move into the advanced swimming baby Goldfish class (1-2 years) or our Tadpole class (2-3 years), depending on the confidence of your child. We continuously encourage as much independent swimming as possible as we want your little one to be independently kicking, paddling and submerging by the time they are ready to advance to the next level.
What do we focus on in the Ducklings class?
- I am comfortable with water on my face
- I can hold my breath for up to or equal to 5 seconds
- I can float on my back with support
- I am confident with being submerged in water
- I can kick my legs when cued
- I can kick my legs when submerged