Frogs learn bilateral breathing, freestyle and backstroke skills in this stroke development class. The children in the Frog class really begin to swim independently and gain a lot of confidence.
What are Frogs?
- Confident independent swimmers
- Small group class of 4
- Can produce basic freestyle arms and backstroke kicking unassisted
- Can swim to a teacher easily propelling themselves through the water
What happens in a Frog swimming lesson?
- Lots of fun activities and games to make learn to swim fun
- Backstroke and freestyle skill development
- Independent bilateral breathing activities
Once your child can produce bilateral breathing and backstroke unassisted, they will be ready to learn new strokes in the Stingray class.
- I am a confident independent swimmer
- I can keep my eyes down whilst blowing bubbles for a minimum of 5 seconds whilst moving through the water
- I can streamline kick through the water independently
- I am able to do bilateral breathing with my freestyle arms and with a kickboard
- I can produce freestyle with my bilateral breathing without a kickboard
- I am able to complete backstroke with a kickboard