Our Goldfish baby swimming lessons develop your child’s confidence and mobility in the water, and builds on the basics of baby swimming and safety through activities and games.
What are Goldfish?
- Aged 1–2 years
- Small group class of 4 to 6 with no prior skills required
- Bonding with Mum or Dad in the water each lesson
- Comfortable with water on their face and body and can comfortably submerge
What happens in a Goldfish swimming lesson?
- Lots of fun songs to make learn to swim fun for you and your baby
- Extending breath control, submersion and independent mobility skills through activities such as dolphins and humpty dumpty
- Learning to kick and reach using balls
- Developing mobility and buoyancy skills through kicking, paddling and floating
- Building on your child’s strong buoyancy skills to independent floating with your help
Our Goldfish swimming level is our advanced feeder class for the Turtle level when the children turn two. We focus on throughout the Goldfish level, encouraging them to be as independent as possible with their swimming. We aim to have your child swimming in the Turtle class by the time that they are two to enhance their advanced swimming abilities.
What do we focus on in the Ducklings class ?
- I can accept water
- I can hold my breath breath comfortably for over 5 seconds
- I can blow bubbles
- I can float on my back with little support
- I have a strong and accelerating kick which I can produce on cue
- I can propel myself through the water using my arms
- I can kick and use my arms when submerged