- The protection of personal information is important to BLAST Swim Academy.
- Third party commercial entities and subsidiaries, whether owned or acting on behalf of BLAST or an affiliate or not, may be subject to the same privacy laws and may be governed by their own privacy policies. BLAST will always do its utmost to ensure that personal information is respected and protected.
- Generally, personal information is information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database) from which it is possible to determine someone’s identity.
- The information collected by a BLAST about a particular person will vary depending on the circumstances of collection. It may include, but is not limited to:
- your name and contact details
- date of birth and gender
- emergency contract details
- bank account and/or credit card details
- payment history (e.g. for invoicing and payments of services, products and membership or personal credit information when you make payments to us)
- health information
- details regarding participation in our programs
- your computer IP address when visiting our website
- your image, if you are photographed or videoed at one of our venues
- if you apply for a job in one of our businesses: details about your education, employment history, membership of professional associations, referees and next of kin.
Where you provide us with information about other people (e.g. recipients of gift vouchers) you must have their consent to do so. If we collect such personal information about an individual
- our identity and how to contact us
- that he or she can access the information and the main consequences (if any) for the individual if all or part of the information is not provided by us
- the purpose for which we have collected the information
- the organisations or types of organisations that we usually disclose the information to
- any law that requires particular information to be collected
- whether any personal information is likely to be disclosed overseas, and if practicable, notify the recipient countries.
Sensitive information is a type of personal information that also includes information or an opinion
- racial or ethnic origin
- political opinions
- membership of a political association, professional or trade association or trade union
- religious beliefs or affiliations or philosophical beliefs
- sexual preferences or practices
- criminal record, or
- health, genetic information or disability.
If it is reasonably necessary in the circumstances, BLAST may also collect sensitive information such as a person’s medical history, nationality, their ethnic background or disabilities.
Such information will not be disclosed for any purpose other than providing services to patrons or members other than in exceptional cases such as to lessen a serious threat to a person’s health or safety.
You are not obliged to provide personal information however failure to do so may result in BLAST being unable to provide services or products to you, or progressing your interest in a BLAST Swim School Franchise.
How we collect information
We may collect personal information from you in a number of ways including:
- Contact BLAST via email, telephone or mail or engage with BLAST via social media
- through transactions you make with us and our swim centres (e.g. making a booking, participating in a promotion, competition, registering for a survey; or using a related digital service)
- Provide details to BLAST in an application form, consent form, survey, feedback form or incident report
- Subscribe to any publication of BLAST, including electronic publications o through our website or email server by way of ‘cookies’. Cookies are small pieces of data that allow the website to remember something about you at a later time, for example by storing information of how you use the site. You may configure the web browser to refuse or disable cookies
- Through our accounts and payments you make
- Apply for employment BLAST or franchisees
- Through third parties, including companies running competitions on our behalf and our franchisees, or where BLAST is required to do so by law (child protection, work health and safety laws or other legislation in Australia).
- through the methods listed in Customer Information (above) and
- through our agreements and documents relating to the application to become a BLAST Swim School franchisee
If we do comply with your request, or you provide us with inaccurate or incorrect information, we may not have sufficient information to conduct our business and we may be limited:
- in our ability to provide our services to customers
- in our ability to manage our franchise/ contract relationships
- in our ability to keep you informed of company updates and services information
- in considering your application for employment with us, and
- in our ability to respond to your inquiry or request.
How we store and keep information secure
- BLAST stores information in different ways, including in paper and electronic form.
- The information is added to our database which is hosted by a third party data storage provider. When information is entered into our database, the information may be combined or linked with other information held about that person.
- We will keep personal information as long as we need it for the purposes in clause 6 of this policy, after which time we will destroy or de-identify the personal information. Otherwise we may keep personal information for any period required by law.
- Security of personal information is important to BLAST. BLAST has taken steps to protect the information we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Some of the security measures BLAST uses include strict confidentiality requirements of our employees, franchisees and service providers, security measures for system access, and security measures for our website.
- While we strive to protect your personal and sensitive information, we cannot guarantee or warrant its complete security. No data over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have an online account (including but not limited to intranet, SwimBiz) with BLAST, your account will be able to be accessed by anyone who knows your login details. You should keep login details, and any other information you use to remember these details, private and secure.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used in a number of ways including:
- for the purpose requested
- to assist you with queries or respond to your feedback
- to process a booking or application that you have made
- to conduct and administer swim school memberships
- to promote and market all current and future BLAST businesses, swim Academy, products and services and to inform you about the products and services of our commercial partners to process and fulfil a gift voucher order
- for surveys, research, direct marketing, promotions and competitions
- to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of our website or social media
- respond to emergency situations involving or requiring medical treatment
- to facilitate our internal business operations, including the fulfilment of legal requirements and analysing our services and customer needs with a view to adopting new and/or improved services.
- for the methods listed above Customer Information
- to assess your suitability as a franchisee and/or contract partner, where you make an application to us
- for accounting purposes such as calculation and processing of franchise fees and royalties, billing of services, products and membership, and
- as required under the Franchise Code of Conduct and other legislation BLAST Swim Academy must abide by.
- When you provide your personal details to us, you consent to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes (for an indefinite period). Some personal information will be disclosed to an organisation or people who assist in our direct marketing.
- From time to time, we may contact you with information about products and services or franchise opportunities offered by us and our related entities and our business partners, that we think may be of interest to you.
- Every person whose data is collected by BLAST has the option to refuse e-mail, SMS or posted offers by making a request in writing to BLAST Swim Academy Privacy Officer via the contact details set out below, or by making use of the opt-out procedures included in any communications from us.
BLAST may also disclose personal information:
• with your express or implied consent;
• when required or authorised by law;
• to an enforcement body when reasonably necessary; or
• to lessen or prevent a threat to an individual or public health or safety.
- When users visit the BLAST website, our systems may record certain information about their use of the site, including the web pages visited and the time and date of their visit. BLAST uses this information to help analyse and improve the performance of the BLAST website.
- In addition, we may use “cookies” on the BLAST website. Cookies are small text files that help a website to remember the preferences of users to improve the experience of using that website.
- Websites linked to the BLAST website are not subject to BLAST’s privacy standards, policies or procedures. BLAST does not take any responsibility for the collection, use, disclosure or security of any personal information that you provide to a third party website.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose personal information in a variety of circumstances including to:
- our contract partners, franchisees (to verify membership details, confirm a booking, gift voucher or prize and to provide you with services)
- a third-party contractor who may be performing services for us that involves your personal information such as advertising agencies, suppliers and our public relations agency
- in the case of contract partner or franchisee information, this may be provided to third party suppliers in order to provide you with additional services (e.g. group purchase savings),
- contracted assessors for assessment of the quality control standards of our franchisees, and
- any other party to which the law obliges us to.
We may exchange your personal information with service providers engaged to assist with services including data processing, data analysis, printing, contract management, legal, accounting, business consulting, marketing, research, auditing, delivery, security and mailing services.
We will not sell your personal information to marketing bodies without your consent.
Access and the quality of your personal information
We believe it is important to make sure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. To this end, our staff have procedures to monitor some of your personal information. However, the accuracy of the information we hold depends to a large extent on the information you provide. We request that you contact us and tell us if any of your personal information has changed (e.g. your address) or if you believe that the personal information is inaccurate. After you advise us, we can then update our records and ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate and up to date.
Privacy queries, complaints and further information
Post: 300 Colonial Center Parkway STE 100N, Roswell GA, 30076, USA
Our Privacy Officer will respond to your complaint within 30 days and try to resolve it within 90 days. If after receiving our response you consider that your privacy complaint has not been resolved, you may then take your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.com.au) and on 1300 363 992.
Some BLAST Swim Academy are owned and operated by franchisees which are independent entities that are responsible for their own privacy policies. For their privacy policies, please contact them directly.