Start your baby’s lifelong adventure through water from 3 months at BLAST Swim Academy. Our Ducklings baby swimming lessons gives your baby a swimming kickstart. They are designed to equip you with the skills and confidence to develop your baby’s physical, social and emotional development in the water. You can expect your baby to be confident and happy submerging and holding their breath on command.
What are Ducklings?
- Aged 3-9 months old
- Swimming babies bonding with Mum or Dad in the water each lesson
- Group class of 4 to 6 with no prior skills required
What happens in a Duckling baby swimming lesson ?
- Lots of fun songs to make learn to swim fun for you and your baby
- Building confidence, accepting and feeling comfortable in the water is what Ducklings baby swimming lessons are all about
- Gentle water familiarisation and a great bonding experience
- Learning breath control techniques and preparing to submerge your swimming baby when you are both ready
- Building on your baby’s strong buoyancy skills to independent floating with your help
- As your baby grows and begins to become more mobile, we teach kicking and paddling skills too!
What you and your baby learn at Raised on the Reef Swim Academy can be transferred to the bath and pool too! Our aim for the Ducklings swimming level is for your baby to move into the Ducks class when they turn 9 months old, our advanced baby swimming program. By this time, we will have your baby comfortably submerging to a teacher and kicking and reaching.
What do we focus on in the Ducklings class ?
- I can accept water
- I can hold my breath for up to or equal to 5 seconds
- I can float on my back with support
- I am comfortable with water on my face
- I have very basic mobility skills